Fragging Anthelia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bnortz

Aquarium Advice Regular
My anthelia is taking off and I want to frag it before it becomes a problem. It's attached to a rock that's not removable from the tank so I'm going to have to be doing whatever it is I need to do inside the tank. My LFS said I could trade in a few frags of it for some store credit so I need a way of attaching it to something. How should I go about fragging this?

This is what it looked like when I first got it, I later moved it to a different spot where it attached to a large rock.

img_1456765_0_f3c6a4a6820ccdb207091e88073fa1a5.jpg

And this is what it looks like now

img_1456765_1_5bffa80cfaeed9350e7811bf7fcefbee.jpg

That is nothing half of my 40g was taken over by that stuff I will follow this thread to sponge off some answers on how to deal with it

I have a huge crop that I love. It encrusts, so put some plugs along it's perimeter. Mine tends to grow on both ends where the current waves it back and forth. It will grow on almost anything.

From your pics it looks like yours was originally on frag plugs or rubble why not just cut those free and take those in leaving what had grown on your rocks you could then put new frag plug there and slow it to grow back on then repeat

From your pics it looks like yours was originally on frag plugs or rubble why not just cut those free and take those in leaving what had grown on your rocks you could then put new frag plug there and slow it to grow back on then repeat

You are correct and that's actually what i ended up doing...put a ccouple pieces of rubble next to the edges hoping itll grow on that again.

Back
Top Bottom