Fragging coral of main rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to have zoas start growing on some of my larger base rocks. My question is-
How do you frag it once it's on that big rock?
How do the people with their coral all epoxied together frag their corals?

Thanks!

They make super glue called reef glue. Corals can be fine out of water for about 2-3 min. It's a little more expensive but is the safe stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They make super glue called reef glue. Corals can be fine out of water for about 2-3 min. It's a little more expensive but is the safe stuff

This is completely unrelated to my question. And all superglue will work. I use 4 for 1$ stuff.

I am more asking about, if I attach zoas to one of my bigger rocks that I cannot not take out, would there be anyway to frag them?

My other question, was I see people with rock work that is all drilled and epoxied together. They then glue coral onto the rock. How do they frag the coral? Wouldn't they have to do it inside of the tank? I thought that was a no-no with softies and im assuming LPS because you need a power tool.

Okay well on the zoa question. I had a rock that once the zoas became to full for it to grow anymore. They would eventually fall off onto sandbed, or get to the point where I could take a scalpel to them and cut right at the base of the zoa.

As far as epoxy goes. My LFS cuts them at the base as well. Finds ways and works around it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom