Fragging for income?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Good idea or bad.

I am married, work 5am-3pm full time, have two preschool( PM class) aged kids.

My wife got the guppies to breed and sell, well I feed more of em to my thug fish then she has sold( ZERO)

I have a 15g and a 10g open for use.

Can one make anything by doing this?( Fragging for income) Its all supplemental but even us both having F/T jobs plus her tips are barely cutting it anymore.

Is it cost effective once the initial investment starts to yield?

Thanks.

Look at cherry corals, and what do they do? Buy grow frag. Some people frag to pay for new corals and the costs of running.

Most people who frag corals do so to cover minor aquarium expenses. If you want to run a business just from fragging you would need to invest in a green house imo. Unfortunately you have to spend money to make money. Aquarium maintenance businesses are the most cost effective in terms of initial investment vs. income.

Ok.

Its supplemental really, few bucks here and there, these tanks are costing alot as it is and thats the target recipient of any money made off this idea.

I do this with FW plants now but wanted to get back into the salty side of things, figure show the wife this idea and then get a much larger tank for personal and fragging use.

I know someone that sells frags and it seems the price depends on his next want or desire. He probably spends more than he makes but it does help with the habit.

thats what I am planning to do too, get some extra money help to pay for salt or whatever.
actually if my LFS will, I would love to exchange corals with them, but I doubt they will.

They won't exchange corals, but if they're like other good LFS, they will most likely give you store credit for what you bring in - assuming what you have is what they can sell. Don't expect much though... a good estimate is they'll give you 25-30% in credit for what they think they can sell it for.

I thought about doing that myself but you have to have a variety of coral. I had a ton of GSP and sold it to all the lfs. Then when I went to sell them more they still had plenty. Something to think about.

They won't exchange corals, but if they're like other good LFS, they will most likely give you store credit for what you bring in - assuming what you have is what they can sell. Don't expect much though... a good estimate is they'll give you 25-30% in credit for what they think they can sell it for.

true!

Back
Top Bottom