fragging new rock with various types of zoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got this rock yesterday and I want to frag it. what should I leave on the rock and how much of each type should i cut off?

Attachments

• p5160099.jpg
    p5160099.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 87
to my understanding, its hard to actually frag some zoos... I would suggest that you place rocks near the rock and wait, eventually one will move over and hop on the nearby rock, and there you have it a new coral rock... it might take 3-4 months, if not more... be patient.

The only thing I've read about fragging them says to take a chisel or knife, and chip the rock out from under the zoos and superglue the chip with the zoos on it to another rock. That may have been on ww.garf.org

electrikat said:
The only thing I've read about fragging them says to take a chisel or knife, and chip the rock out from under the zoos and superglue the chip with the zoos on it to another rock. That may have been on ww.garf.org

thanks for the link, I went and tried it with the green star polyps yesterday and the big ones on the left side of the picture. The big ones are doing alright but the green star polyps arent opening up but maybe one or two heads.I may have used to much glue :oops: but then agian the ones left on the rocks arent opening up either, Ive noticed that the bigger zoanthids species take awhile to get aclimated, is it the same with green star polyps?

Did you put the piece under water to let the glue set up? The glue will burn tissue if not put under water within seconds of contact. The green stars are very resilient so just give them a couple of days.

electrikat said:
Did you put the piece under water to let the glue set up? The glue will burn tissue if not put under water within seconds of contact. The green stars are very resilient so just give them a couple of days.

ummm no :oops: :lol: I did not know that, thanks for the tip, how many seconds are we talking about? I think I left it out for a minute or two. I will definitely do that with the multi-colored ones, thanks again Kat

Back
Top Bottom