Fragging question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ratrob57

Aquarium Advice Regular
When you have Kenya tree coral or other prolific soft/leather corals that have chosen to host on large rocks that you are not willing to break is it possible for tge coral to live after being ripped/pried off of the rock and if so do I rubber band to a frag plug? Glue to plug? Float upside down? Or just toss in with rubble and hope it reattaches on it's own?

Thanks

On the one that my buddy had he waited till it had like branches grow and he just cut those off and glued it to a frag and it seemed to work.

scubasteve03 said:
On the one that my buddy had he waited till it had like branches grow and he just cut those off and glued it to a frag and it seemed to work.

That reassures me that pulling or cutting off the rock would work mine cover about 25% of my LR in my 40 so I don't want to just trim and make more I want to remove but I just don't want to go killing it. I figure I can try to sell them off or get credit or trade.

So... Anyone want to trade?

You can rip them off the rocks and it won't kill them. But whatever little pieces are left in the rock will grow into new ones. I had a branch go through a power head and shred it into a ton a little pieces, and now there are baby kenya trees growing all over the place

Back
Top Bottom