Fraging Green Star Polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a rock covered in GSP....they are growing over the egde, creating a little peice of them hanging off the rock....can I cut this off and ruber band it to a new rock, or will cutting it kill it?.....

How can you do this?

That LFS did that when I bought a little frack of green star polyps last week. Just snapped off a chunk. Now I've got that piece wedged into a crevice on another rock, hopefully they'll grow and re-attach to that rock.

Break or cut off a piece of it and attach to something else. I have used a razor blade to cut off a piece and super glue *gel* to glue to another rock. Worked just fine. Attaching with a rubberband will work fine too.

I just discovered mine is attached to the rock I set it on - took about 4 or 5 days.

There are several brands that make super glue gel. It will say "gel" on it. The water won't affect its ability to dry/cure. I've used it for other corals too. They don't seem to mind like I do when I get it on myself.

Hobby stores are an easy place to find it - cyanoacrylate, its used these days for building model airplanes... (I have dozens of tubes of the stuff around).

The quality is higher with the modelling stuff. Look for CA+, for example. Very thick and easy to work with.

Oh yeah, should've mentioned that it's the kind with cyanoacrylate that you want. Thanks, Scoot! Does it strike anyone else as funny that it has "cyano" in the name?

I tried today (for the first time) to glue a little rock with my xenia's on it to another rock - no go. No adhesion whatsoever.

I think silicone would work better - is that okay to use?

epoxy is better for rock to rock. It is like clay looks like rocko ver time. The super glue needs to be gel not just the glue.

glue?

speaking of glue or rubber bands can i rubber band zoo polyps to LR without damage or loss

Back
Top Bottom