Free Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Y dad's friend is giving me some of his live rock and it has a small mushroom on it. I want to put it in my tank but if the mushroom dies(and it prob will) will it nuke my tank and i dnt even know what kind it is any ideas or opinions on what to do.
Ps-i really want it cuz his tank is very mature while mine is only a few months old and also my lfs has very expencive LR and im out of cash

I dont think i have enough light but do you think if it duz die it will cause problems

I've had shrooms in my tank survive with absolutely no artificial light\fixtures. The only light the tank had for several months was just ambient light from the windows in the room. Shrooms are very hardy. You'll be fine.

Cool i have a t8 20 watt my lamp righ next to it,a little sunlight and the tv all on it so hopefully but out of caution and for future refrence if it dies what do i do with it and is it likely to nuke?

Just remove it from your tank. Doubt it will nuke your tank unless you have a small nano...even then i doubt anything serious will happen.

So if it dies should i leave it for my cuc or is it better to take out

Back
Top Bottom