Free used tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
A friend of mine gave me a free 55gal tank and they uses it for freshwater so it has a couple of scratches from the gravel that they had inside it, does anybody know if there is a way to polish that?

Yes, it can be polished using a progressively finer polishing grit and a lot of elbow grease or a buffer of some type. While harder to remove scratches than in acrylic, it can be done if they are shallow scratches.

Sorry messed up like I was saying is that I would need a 3-4 inch sand bed is that too much

That just makes it a deep sand bed. While there are pros and cons to a dsb, I personally think the denitrifying ability of a dsb is worth it. Just make sure not to disturb it once everything is established.
Have you checked hoe the scratches look through water? I've seen some scratches that seem to vanish once the tank is full.

Actually I haven't even checked I'll probably do that when I get home, and I guess I will go with a deep sand bed make it better for my clowns that always like to make holes

It has a glass in the back and don't know how to take it off, some of it flakes of but the rest doesnt

Back
Top Bottom