Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
fresh or salt?

i would like to know which would be better a freshwater tank or a saltwater tank. i been dealing with a couple freshwater tanks for a little while and not sure if a saltwater tank is to much to get in to. any responses will help......

sILENCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
well..after experiencing the freshwater hobby..maybe it's time to advance ...time and budget permitting...or if you want to take a more intermediate step..you could try cichlids...unless you've already tried ur hand at that...i've never done SW but from what i've read it's much more expensive and involved but ultimately worth it.

I AM Canadian
Got Beer?
spongebob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
All depends on what you like, how involved your willing to be, and what you can afford.
Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I converted from many years of experience in FW to SW and there is so much more to learn in SW. It is also much more expensive and demanding, but it is worth it. Since a SW tank is normally bigger than FW tank, therefore it requires more space. The only downside is that SW fish are more prone to parasites and they are harder to get rid of. You can't dose your main tank and must have a separate QT.
kwan is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com