Freshwater dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the process of doing a fresh water dip on your saltwater fish ?
How long should we leave them in there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's the process of doing a fresh water dip on your saltwater fish ?
How long should we leave them in there ?

I've only done it once, but from what I've read around, you want to make sure the pH and temperature are the same. Some fish might tolerate freshwater a bit longer than others but 3 minutes would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I agree no more than 3 minutes. And make sure you keep an eye on them to make sure they keep moving. I had to fresh dip my female clown once to get rid of "flukes", and it worked out great.

It really depends on the health of the fish. I personally don't recommend FW dips. If you have one that is weak or sick most likely the fish will die. One that is in good health will tolerate it more likely. I personally have not seen them do any good.

I've heard much longer for fish, around 5-10 minutes actually. It all definitely depends on how well you setup for it (temp, ph) and the overall health of the fish. In most cases I'd consider a FW dip to be pretty drastic for a fish, maybe not necessarily for some corals though. Either way you have to VERY closely watch what's going on and how the fish is tolerating the dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom