Freshwater Dip Blue Hippo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PowDerBlu3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering if it is advisable to freshwater dip a blue hippo. the reason why I am asking is that the other day I freshwater dipped a Naso tang and it went perfect. He is doing fine and is a great fish. Was wondering if freshwater dipping a blue hippo would be good, for I know that they are prone to ich, and that giving a freshwater dip will help that out?

Thanks

Freshwater dips may remove some parasites, but for the most part many burrow within the first layer of the skin and will not be removed without proper quarantining. All in all, more likely to stress an easily stressed fish ime.

Is this the same other two issues you had, or have you not QT'ed the fish and left the tank fallow? As I remember, you have 2 or 3 tangs in a 50G? Looking at some of your previous posts, you are not taking and advice. You asked if a yellow, blue and naso would fit in a 50, we said no. You had an ich breakout, we gave you advice, you went and medicated the tank. You had another breakout and now you want to torture your fish yet again?
At this point, I am not really sure we can help you. Well, I can't speak for other's, but I can't help you....
Sorry!

FW dips are a bit out-dated and really serve no useful purpose. They only contribute to adding stress to an already stressed-out fish. Skip it.

Hmmm...I agree with Scott...if you have ANY of these fish in a 50gal, it is far past appropriate.

PowDerBlu3,
Why do continue to ignore advice and post new questions hoping for a different answer to your problem. We can't tell you that there is some miracle cure for Ich, there isn't. We can't tell you that it's ok to keep fish that grow to a foot in a 4 foot tank. It isn't.

Time to add a kill filter feature to the site to ignore certain posts?

PowDerBlu3,
Why do continue to ignore advice and post new questions hoping for a different answer to your problem.

Because people are people? I know I've ignored well given advice in my life. (Of course, not from this site! ;)) All you can do is give the advice and hope that sometime down the road, it's remembered.

Time to add a kill filter feature to the site to ignore certain posts?

I believe if you go to your User Control Panel, there is an "ignore user" option you can use.

IMO and IME freshwater dips will not work. All they accomplish is stressing the fish out.

Back
Top Bottom