Freshwater -> Saltwater gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, the freshwater gobies, I forget the exact names, but they look exactly like the saltwater ones...can they be slowly migrated to salt-water? I don't think so, but someone asked me and I'm curious. so I figured I'd ask the people here. So, anybody know? Thanks!

Do you know their natural habitat? Knowing the exact latin name is a must also. With out that its impossible to know exactly what species of fish we are refering to. The only way I see a FW fish getting acclomated to SW is if their natural habatat is in a transition area. ie the area of water thats between a body of saltwater and a body of freshwater. I know Mollies can be acclomated to saltwater but thats also because their natural habitat is somewhat brackish to begin with.

There are two I'm wondering about. The first is the "Candy Stripe Goby" Awaous Strigatus. It is found in fresh->brackish waters. The second is the "Knight Goby" Stigmatogobius Sadanundio. I'm not sure its water parameters, but I do know it comes from SouthEast Asia.

Back
Top Bottom