Fridmani Pseudochromis /purple pseudochromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exactly is stress coat?

Thanks for the advice with the pond netting, I'll look into a few options :)

the stress coat is a mucus layer produced when stressed it is like slimy of the fish that jumped out of ours all of them had extra mucus but it cleared with in 2 days but I had one that it took a week ... it just is a defense mehcanisum

You are lucky to have found it shortly after it jumped. Cutting the eggcrate to size is my project for tomorrow. Hope I'm not too late :)

Yes I was very lucky!

I got my local DIY store to make me an acrylic lid today, with holes in for ventilation (and 2 larger ones, positioned under the lights, for feeding/topups etc.). It took them 3 days to do, and 3 attempts as the plastic kept cracking (that's about 300 holes!) and they charged me £10 (~$20) for it, lol. It's not perfect by any means, a bit ropey, but it will do the job! Pics on flickr (last 3):-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidw49/sets/72157602267042537/

Actually it turned out quite nice I think .... You may wish to add an air stone to your tank to see if that helps you will have a bit more salt creep but it may help your PH issue .. The only other thing I can think of is to place a fan over top to move some air around and open a window to see if that helps your PH issue then dosing will be your alternitive

Thanks, it's pretty good I guess! Yeah, I had to have a solid glass lid on my tank for the last few days while they made it, and noticed a lot more salt creep!

There's not really anywhere to put a fan, and the windows don't open where it is :p

I'm going to give Seachem's Liquid Marine Buffer a try :)

Back
Top Bottom