Fried coral and new led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I upgraded to LED and seems like they are too high so need to be adjusted. I noticed the green pol being white and brown. So obviously too much. Is the section at the too done for or can it be saved with only blue lights for a while? Rest of the coral is doing well.

Attachments

• image-2889114531.jpg
    image-2889114531.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 105
I have the same LED's. I started mine at the very minimum and gradually raised them over two weeks. I still only have them at half strength due tithe height. I have a 40 breeder and it doesn't sit too high off the tank. Maybe a couple inches at most. I have mushrooms, Kenya tree, and star polyps so far is all, but takin my time with it. All corals are doing great and spreading fast with that setting.

I also have the same. 2 in my 55. Started with the blues about half way and the whites less then a quarter turn. After 2 months I have my blues at 100% and my whites at about 50%. I have a nem frogspawn a ricardia some polyps and another coral(forget the name). They are doing great. I've had the torch for a week and is already splitting a new head

Back
Top Bottom