Frog Spawn question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blancoh2o

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How much light is too much light for Frog Spawn coral. Mine is about 10 inches deep in the tank and the 250w MH are 8 inches above the surface of the water. I do keep the lids on the top of the tank.

The Frog Spawn I have has two branches. The top branch which receives more light is turning a bit whiter than the other branch. I am wondering if this is a result of too much light. I will snap a shot and post it in a minute, but I thought I would start the dialogue now and get the picture later.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

The polyps were open more when the VHO Atentics were on, then when the MH lights started up it shrank down more. I have before pictures, but can not post them because they are to high of s resolution. I can e-mail them it anyone wants to see.
Thanks,
Steve

O.K. I relocated it deeper. It almost immediately looks better. I will add more pictures tomorrow.

Lighting level Moderate to High However it could have started to Bleach due to how the lights were added.. IMO what I would do is lower it to the sand bed and wait and see if the color returns.. If/When it does return to color I would slowly raise it back up to the spot where you want it.. I have my frogspawn on 2x250w mh and it seems to be fine but I have it on the bottom of the tank.. They say that they like to be on the bottom of the tank but due to bacterial infections it is not recommended you keep them there long term.. I plan on moving mine in another month or so..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom