Frogfish died :x

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fed him feeder fish / gold fish

Overfeeding perhaps? My understanding is these opportunistic predators will continue to eat long past where it is healthy because in the wild it is difficult to get a regular food supply. I don't know what the nutritional requirements of such an animal is but I would bet they weren't entirely being met with just feeders.

Overfeeding of feeders will eventually cause damage to internals, but not at such a rapid rate nor cause blistering. It would be anyones guess, without a necropsy, as to the underlying issue. For all we know the damsels could have picked at the skin causing an infection, swallowed air, or the fish could have had vibriosis, etc. No offense, but kind of pointless to speculate based upon the insufficient information given.

Well, thanks for the input guys...I'll have to see what happens to the damsels - I may end up not having any fish soon :X

Well if it does let us know by posting in the sick fish forum. I agree with James that we are really guessing and will really never probably know what happen due to not enough info. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom