Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G120398

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I have a frogspawn who is really doing good but lately he hasn't been doing as well. I think it might be placement. He is about 5 inches above my sand bed. My light is a t5 dual ho. Is there anywhere else I souls place it

First, what does "doing good" mean? Has it been fully extended?
What has changed since it started not "doing good"?
Can you tell us more about your system, most specicically your light? A 2 bulb T5HO would require a LPS coral to be at minimum halfway up a tank if not in the top of the tank.

First, what does "doing good" mean? Has it been fully extended?
What has changed since it started not "doing good"?
Can you tell us more about your system, most specicically your light? A 2 bulb T5HO would require a LPS coral to be at minimum halfway up a tank if not in the top of the tank.

I agree with sniperhawk. We really need some more information. What are your nitrate, calcium, alk, pH, and mag reading at? What size of tank is this?

The size of the tank is an important one with your current light situation. A dual t5ho will be much more powerful in a 20g long tank when compared to a 55g tank.

Has there been a change in flow to the coral? That can irratate or even kill individual heads.
Also, halfways in my 31" deep tank is likely not the same as halfway in your tank.

I'm going to move the coral up more. I haven't changed anything with the flow or lighting. He looks fine but just not extended. I'll see how he likes being moved up

Back
Top Bottom