Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys so my powder brown tang and my frogspawn piece showed up today. My question is how exactly frogspawn spreads it came on a long thin piece of what looks like "dead" coral so to speak with 6 different heads coming off of it with all the "tentacles" on them. I've ever only seen rocks encrusted with frogspawn never this way. Where is my best placement so it will spread onto my larger pieces of rock?

They don't encrust onto rocks. They just split heads like any other branching euphyllia. The heads will come out and it will be all puffy, then over time they split

So what is my best bet for attaching it to a larger rock? Just frag a head off and use reef glue to glue it on there and let it split from there?

I'd just glue whatever it is on not onto your rock where you want it. No need to frag it. The six heads will split and split and split and you get the point lol

The "dead coral" part is the skeleton. I attach lps with superglue and aquarium putty on the base, glue, putty, glue and then place it into your rock work and twist a little so it gets in the rock. They also do well on the sand bed

I would leave it on the floor but the skeletal piece it's on is all crooked and doesn't stand well. Super glue is ok to use in the tank?

You can literally apply it underwater with no side effects to your tank? Any certain brand?

You don't have to do the gluing underwater. The frogspawn won't be hurt left out of the water for a few minutes. That way you can get the stoney base dry and get a better bond.

Back
Top Bottom