Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Just bought my first piece of frogspawn coral. I imagine I take care of it like my hammer coral since they look similar. Live aquaria says to place it at the bottom but it needs high light which means with my VHO lights he`ll have to be at top. I guess the main concerns are light and flow before placement. Any tips are appreciated.

I have my green frogspawn stuck in the rocks about 18" off the bottom in a med flow area. It has almost doubled in size so I would say it is happy.

But you have very strong MH lighting don't you Brenden? I have mine on the sandbed, also under MH lighting. I would think with VHO somewhere in the top half of the tank would be a good idea.

melosu how many bulbs are you running? whats the wattage
I run the uri vho and i have 4 160 watt bulbs and have my hammers on the bottom and they are growing great.. I had a FS 3 head frag on the bottom and it was doing well, but I did move it about halfway up the tank and it is doing better now. Polyps are opening up larger. I have another larger FS about midway also and it is doing great so I would think anywhere around halfway to the top would be best.

To answer Hara's question. Mine is roughly 18" deep under 250W MH sun replicator pendants.

I only have 2 bulbs dont know what watt they are. Both are URI. one is Super Actinic R and the other is Actinic white. they are 6 ft bulbs.
the frogspawn is looking good today. It is about 1 ft from the lights on the top. Thanks for the tips

I have a frogspawn and a hammar coral. The frogspawn is pretty close to the surface and its starting to split heads already. My hammar is actually fairly low in the tank and part of my centerbrace shadow covers it and it is doing great and is starting to split as well.

That`s what I was saying that Liveaquaria said bottom placement but I have to go with light placement. Thanks for the Info guys and ladies

Back
Top Bottom