Frogspawn and hammer boquet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My LFS just got a bunch of small single headed frogspawn and hammers. They have every color I have ever seen even the purple metalic. I was thinking about getting 4 or 5 of them an putting them close enough to eventually become one coral. I think all the different colors on the same coral would be awesome. has anyone ever tried this? will it work.

Dont know jack squat about it, but if you can do something like that, that would be freakin awesome and would be something i would try and do in the future.

I am good on lights. 216 watts t5ho on a 55 I was going to do it mid height. will all the corals maitain color and continue to grow or will they eventually all be the same. if i put them on the rock touching at the base will they grow together?

I dont think they will. I had one and recently broke it apart because it had grown to 22 heads. The single heads will grow into more but the only way to get those 5 together is that you would have to super glue them together and I dont know if that would work because they might consider the other frogspawn encroaching upon their position.

From what I have read about these corals is that since they are from the same family they will not harm each other. Even Hammer coral and Frogspawn can be house close together(same family). As far as them retaining their color that's another story and I can't answer that question. If the price is right and you wanted to give it a try, I would say "Go for it".

I have three different Colored Frogspawn Housed together no issues what so ever. brown with white tips/ green with purple tips and green with white tips all doing great together...

got them today. They are all single heads 1.5-2 inches long I have a small piece of lr that is very porous. there is enough voids in the rock close together to wedge them in. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom