frogspawn and hammer.... can they be close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys just got 4 heads of hammer for $20 at my lfs can frogspawn and hammer touch each other or not...... how close can they be.... will they sting each other....

ok while acclimating the hammer some white stringy stuff started coming from the heads i have seen this stuff coming from my mushrooms at certain times mainly at night one of the heads lost a few tenticals during transit from store to the house but i dont know which i saw a small bb size ball of tentical at the bottom of bag is this going to affect it much.... this coral looked extremely healthy in the store....

They need plenty of room between them and other corals. They have sweepers that come out and can sting other corals. LA says

"During the evenings, its sweeper tentacles can extend up to six inches beyond its base into the reef aquarium surroundings. It will sting other neighboring corals in the reef aquarium, therefore, it is best to leave plenty of room between itself and other types of corals."

cool thanks guys i am keeping them away from other corals they are kinda close to a few of my frags but i can move them very easy in a few when i clean my tank tonight

Back
Top Bottom