Frogspawn and torch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a torch coral and would like to add a frogspawn. Will they be ok in the same corner of the tank where they will touch or will they sting each other and fight. Reading conflicting stories online. Thanks for any help.

I never had a problem there in the same family. If it would happen you would notice one not opening up.

Thanks guys. Mine would be about 8" apart if I place it where I want to. This would ensure that they would be able to touch one another. If this is not a problem then that would be great. Thanks again.

I have my huge hammer and frogspawn pretty much interlocking as they grew soooo much. They are completely fine together.

Most of the corals in this family are fine next to each other. Torch corals on the other hand may be aggressive towards other torches and others in this family. Just observe torches and move if you notice any issues.

I noticed my latching on my hammer coral and he didnt like that at all. Had to move the. Apart.

I currently have a torch coral and would like to add a frogspawn. Will they be ok in the same corner of the tank where they will touch or will they sting each other and fight. Reading conflicting stories online. Thanks for any help.

I read the same conflicting stories. I think its a hit or miss, and would do it with caution for the first few weeks. Then plan to move them apart if they start stinging each other.

Back
Top Bottom