frogspawn coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gotnoidea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just purchased a frogspawn (euphyllia paradivisa) from my LFS and have been reading conflicting recommendations on placement etc. should it be at the top or bottom of the tank (or in between) and should the current be strong or moderate?

thanks in advance...

According to Julian Sprung's book Corals: A Quick Reference Guide, placements are shown mid way and at the bottom and like moderate to high lighting.

Frogspawn are like torch coral. My torch, which underwent massive growth, was placed at mid-level to the side of a 250w MH in light-moderate flow. The torch didn't like its arms being blasted around by the current, but a very gentle swaying action. I'd assume somewhat similar conditions for a frogspawn.

I just moved my frogspawn out of some bad laminar current about 3 hours ago and its extended to two times what it normally was. I have it under an outcropping getting difused bright light and in very gentle flow. Just enough to move the arms in slow motion but not so much as they get blown around. HTH.

Back
Top Bottom