Frogspawn Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this for my b-day last week. I have a 25gallon tank with an Eclipse 2 top running 2x15w. I know the lighting is low but my shrooms are doing well in there but im afraid that the frogspawn will not have enough lighting. My g/f ask the LFS if its enough lighting and they said it will be ok if you put it up at the top of my rocks so it can get the most light. My toadstool are doing well also. How much light does a frogspawn need? and how do i know if its pefectly heathly. It blooms quite big still.

The lighting is a bit low for a frogspawn. Also, Frogspawn corals need to be on the substrate to thrive. At least that's what I've read/experienced in my own tank endeavors. HTH.

Good luck!

Also, Frogspawn corals need to be on the substrate to thrive
Not sure on this. I have mine stuck in some rock work. Mine is a single head so the base was a perfct fit for a hole. They just don't want a ton of flow. Not sure on the light though. It will depend on the intensity that the coral receives. I guess you will have see how it does.

lando said:
Placement is subjective. Light, however, is not. You need more.

100% agree... you'll need more light. I'm sure there are ways to alter the Eclipse hoods to allow for brighter lights. I won't buy one just because of that reason alone... I would rather just buy a small tank and upgrade the heck out of it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom