frogspawn coral not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
so iv had a frog spawn for about 3 weeks now and it was opening perfectly looked healthy and everything. but i noticed yesterday it wasnt opening up much and today its opening up even less im a day late on my pwc but i didnt think itd be that big of a deal, and my lights are 250 watt metal halides. any ideas

Have you checked your water paremeters to see if anything is wacky? Also have you checked your temp. ?

yes temp is at 79 and thats been consistant for a while now, and no i havnt gotten a test kit just yet even though i shoulda by now

Might want to consider a test kit ASAP. You need to know the parameters of your water in order to effectively recreate a marine environment. JMO.

well its only got one head on it at first it was only partially retracted but now all of it is, and its in indirect flow

didn't like what? for some reason the frag you have in a lower flow area is going down hill. i suggest you move it to a different location as soon as you can. i'm not saying to put it 6" from a power head, but something about it's current situation is negatively effecting it. since you've had it for 3 weeks, i'm not convinced it's water parameters, but it's hard to say without being there....knowing husbandry habits etc. the first thing i would do is move it.

Back
Top Bottom