Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
frogspawn dead heads

Hey guys when i got my frogspawn it was in a tank at the store with the tanks overheating so a bunch of heads died on it there in the store i watched it for few weeks and the last head on it was getting better i bought it about a month ago that head is still doin good plus one of the other heads still had a small part living its trying to come back its getting darker too mike said it looked light to him last time i posted about it right now i cant afford to do a water change as i got hours reduced at work i am selling a 29 gal tank so i can afford to do maintnice on at least one of my tanks the 55 my question is this the frogspawn dead heads should i leave them until i can assure the tank will have it water changes reguraly and just let the last head keep healing or should i remove them last time i tried removing dead heads on a torch i ended up injuring good heads i just kinda broke them off i dont know the correct way to do that.... so should i just leave it alone and let it heal more or go ahead and remove the dead heads.

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Just leave them there. They are not harming anything being there. Like you said you could damage the good ones. Now if they were still alive with brown jelly disease then I would say they need to go but if they are just dead leave them be.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
na they were dead in the pet store from tank overheating
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, frog, frogs, frogspawn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com