frogspawn dead heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys when i got my frogspawn it was in a tank at the store with the tanks overheating so a bunch of heads died on it there in the store i watched it for few weeks and the last head on it was getting better i bought it about a month ago that head is still doin good plus one of the other heads still had a small part living its trying to come back its getting darker too mike said it looked light to him last time i posted about it right now i cant afford to do a water change as i got hours reduced at work i am selling a 29 gal tank so i can afford to do maintnice on at least one of my tanks the 55 my question is this the frogspawn dead heads should i leave them until i can assure the tank will have it water changes reguraly and just let the last head keep healing or should i remove them last time i tried removing dead heads on a torch i ended up injuring good heads i just kinda broke them off i dont know the correct way to do that.... so should i just leave it alone and let it heal more or go ahead and remove the dead heads.

Just leave them there. They are not harming anything being there. Like you said you could damage the good ones. Now if they were still alive with brown jelly disease then I would say they need to go but if they are just dead leave them be.

Back
Top Bottom