Frogspawn or torch coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frogspawn will get along with most other LPS, torch nukes just about everything around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

right now I have 2 ocellaris clowns, 7 blue leg hermit crabs, and 2 turbo snails, and a little frag of zoas, so i don't really have much that could get damaged

They won't damage that kind of stuff. The crabs and snails are safe. The torch has long sweeper tentacles that can sting other corals within a few inches. Frogspawn tends to get along well with others.

I think i am going to get a branching frogspawn, if you don't mind me asking, where should i place it in my tank? the red lines in my picture is where my water flow is.

Attachments

• FreshPaint-0-2015.02.08-07.24.52.jpg
    FreshPaint-0-2015.02.08-07.24.52.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154
They appreciate light and can go midway to the upper part of the reef. Where exactly has more to do with your lighting setup. They also like gentle random flow patterns.

IME frogspawn are a little more forgiving than torches. I had a metallic green torch that was my favorite coral. I watched it's slow demise (ok, very fast) from brown jelly. Frogspawn are almost bullet proof. Also branching is easier than wall.

Sorry for jumping in on your thread blueaquarium. Am looking to get a torch with the hope my clowns might host it. After reading the frogspawn is more forgiving I am having second thoughts. Have clowns been known to host frogspawns?

I went to the store earlier on Friday and they didn't have any frogspawn or torch, but they did have this beautiful hammer and I had to get it, it cost $60

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423948812936.jpg
    1423948812936.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 1423948827266.jpg
    1423948827266.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 117
It has 3 heads, it hasn't inflated all the way yet, but it keeps getting nicer and nicer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423961449926.jpg
    1423961449926.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 118
I have both and I can tell you that in my tank, the torch multiplies way faster! It splits constantly and I just keep 4 or 5 big heads and trade the rest to my lfs for store credit.

They're both amazing looking coral. It really comes down to space.

Back
Top Bottom