Frogspawn or wall hammer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Which should I get, I really like them both. I want something that will grow faster then the other, and gets really pretty. I am thinking frogspawn. i've done all the research just now and know they are agressive, but I want an opinion to settle in the purchasing choice.;):rolleyes::angel:(y)

Branching types are safer. If any sort of disease breaks out you can break off the infected heads, if it is a wall type you will probably lose the whole colony.

Ok thanks guys. I went with the frogspawn. Is 76 a good temp? My heater for some reason won't heat up to 78 infact at all. It says it's at the temp no matter what I put it on. I put it at 90 just to see if the heating light came on and it didn't and I'm pretty sure my tank isn't at 90. It's a stealth pro heater 300w

They recalled all the Stealth Pros. I would get the Aqueon equivalent. If it is new you should get a refund.

I have both of them. The frogspawn

104.jpg

and the hammer coral

107.jpg

They are both pretty hardy corals. About the only thing I`ve seen happen to either is the brown jelly disease. When I first got my frogspawn I had the disease and had to break all but two heads off. Since then it grew to 22 heads which I broke off about 14 and gave it to a friend. Since then it has grown back to 25 heads. The "walled" hammer in about the size of a basketball and has grown maybe 6 times the original size. They both grow exceedingly well. I dont feed mine as the get all they need from the lighting and water column.

I cant give you no "inches or "heads". It not as easy as that. I can only say that the hammer has grown 6 times the original size in ten yrs and the frogspawn has grown about 30 some heads in the same 10 yrs. It`s all I can offer.

You wont notice any growth over a few months. But I have noticed great growth over the years.

Growth rate varies from tank to tank.

There are six species of Euphyllia, four species of branching (anchor, hammer, torch, and frogspawn) and two species of wall (anchor and frogspawn). I would stick with the branching of your preference.

i have a wall frogspawn and a branching frogspawn i would recommend either of those their very hardy and they acclimate well mine opened up like an hour after i added them to my tank

Back
Top Bottom