Frogspawn placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just curious on where y'all think I should put my 26 head frogspawn I'm getting tomorrow.

Just say middle, left, right, up, down, whatever.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400368824.733718.jpg

Depends on the flow pattern and lighting in your tank, honestly. Frogspawn (and other Euphyllia, iirc) does like flow, but does not do well in direct flow. In other words, DON'T put it anywhere where it is going to get blasted by a powerhead.... like the bottom left. ;)

If your lighting is pretty intense, it may do well in the lower part of your tank until it gets used to your lighting, then you can move it up gradually. If you don't have a ton of light in your tank, you can put it in the middle or top or whatever. This isn't a terribly picky coral. Good luck!

*edited to add* Your rock work is very nice. I really like what you have done with the hardscape here. This is going to be a really cool tank!

Last edited:
Thanks, and I'm gonna stick him in the middle on the sand bed, I do have pretty intense lighting so I think he will look good where I'm gonna put him, I'll post pics tomorrow if someone reminds me.

Thanks, and I'm gonna stick him in the middle on the sand bed, I do have pretty intense lighting so I think he will look good where I'm gonna put him, I'll post pics tomorrow if someone reminds me.

I have mine in direct light, at the bottom, seems to love it. In a not so heavy flow area. I had it higher, in more current, and it seemed just okay...since moving down to lower current, it's opened to a size its never been before. Good luck, looking forward to the pictures (theres your reminder :) )

Back
Top Bottom