From Brackish to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nugrad2005

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 150 gal saltwater tank has been running for a couple weeks now and i have 3 clowns, 5 damsels(assorted types), a horseshow crab, a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp in the tank right now. My 55 gal brackish tank has been running for about 9 months now and the 10 fish i bought has turned into 18 fish with more purchases and they're doing awesome. That is the problem, they're getting huge. I have a mono and three puffers in the brackish tank right now. I was wondering if i set up another tank with water from the brackish tank and start adding salt and increasing the salinity day by day, week by week, whatever would they eventually be able to go into the salt water tank? I think it would work, it would just take some time to get the fish used to the change in salinity. Please let me know as my brackish tank gets more crowded each day.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan

Monos and puffers can be acclimated to full saltwater, I can't speak for the rest of the fish, since I don't know what they are. Some will take to it, others won't. Most of those that do, will end up with shortened lifes due to kidney damage. Some are natually found in a wide range and can live out their lives in full SW or brackish water.

Back
Top Bottom