Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to KSum89
Thought so, i was making sure it wasnt because he having a hard time breathing. My six line keeps roaming by him and staring at him when he does it. The wrasse goes away then comes back close to the goby and swims slow or stops.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL. That went on with my goby and blenny for about a week or so. It only happens ocassionally now. It's really funny to watch though, goby acts like he's all tough and then nothing.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lol i saw the six line playin with him and the goby gettin super p.o and im watchin like.. Dont fight.. Dont fight and while the goby is goin crazy opening his mouth the six line acts like nothin happened. But just to make sure the goby wasnt struggling i asked about it here, cause the six line wasnt too phased.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I guess it's a defensive thing. My transparent cave goby does the same, usually when the hawkfish is eying him lol.

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I cant comment on the goby but my damsel seems to love spraying sand everywhere... Weird fish he goes down in the sand and creates a storm. Then likes to hang out in his newly created hollow of cave.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtfire
I cant comment on the goby but my damsel seems to love spraying sand everywhere... Weird fish he goes down in the sand and creates a storm. Then likes to hang out in his newly created hollow of cave.
What he is doing is stirring up food from the sand.Clowns do that alot to.Watch closely and you will see him eat after he has stirred up the sand.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

What he is doing is stirring up food from the sand.Clowns do that alot to.Watch closely and you will see him eat after he has stirred up the sand.
Not sure not in the dt right now.
I've had no problems with my little yellow damsel and aggression until today when I added a regal tang and a bengai cardinal. Little bugger tried beating both up. He's living in my quarantine now and is being given to a friend which Just loves damsels
On a side note still no issues with domino damsel.

Anyways sorry to hijack thread
Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtfire

Not sure not in the dt right now.
I've had no problems with my little yellow damsel and aggression until today when I added a regal tang and a bengai cardinal. Little bugger tried beating both up. He's living in my quarantine now and is being given to a friend which Just loves damsels
On a side note still no issues with domino damsel.

Anyways sorry to hijack thread
Damsels are all aggressive eventually,my local LFS sells them for $2.00 each since he takes them back from people because of the problems they become.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Speaking of gobies will i be able to reaquascape with a diamond goby in the tank? Im scared lil man might jump out and introduce himself to carpet as soon as he sees a opening due to him being scared.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would do the rockwork while youre doing a water change so the water level is down abit, maybe he won't have enough ooommff to get out then. lol

Tags
goby, sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com