Frozen Cubes per feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I use the frozen food in cubes and want to know how many cubes do others use per feeding. Let me know what you have that eats them, how often you feed and how many cubes you use. TIA

I only use frozen cubes to feed my anemones and tangs. With two large bta's I feed them 1/2 a thawed cube twice weekly. The tangs get frozen formula two 3 times weekly. Other than that, I feed all the other corals cyclopeeze, and just the size of a small eraser head at that.

I only feed frozen once or twice a week. You can see what I feed in my gallery. Also 2 cubes each time.

What else does everyone feed? I only feed frozen, so I guess I might be missing something. I tried flake a long time back and it floated on the water too much so nothing I have would go near it. Ideas are more than welcome.

MadManMac- if you have surface agitation then the flake should eventually sink. If not, then you can take pinch and place it in the water yourself(no floating flake). A lot of people make thier own food(various methods) utilizing grocery store seafood(mussels, clams, shrimp, etc.....). There is mysis shrimp, cyclops-eeze, nori strips(for tangs and angels and other algae grazers), there's pellet(though I rarely feed them-I use them to facilitate garlic-they absorb the garlic well). The key is to try a varied diet, but stay as close to possible to their natural diet. Then there's rotifers, krill, brine shrimp, etc, etc,...

Back
Top Bottom