Frustrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is my plan as of right now, to QT the fish and to get rid of the ich. I haven't started running the UV yet, just ordered it, it should be here today. Hopefully I can get everything undercontrol and get my tank balanced. I really appreciate everyones advice.

that is my plan as of right now, to QT the fish and to get rid of the ich. I haven't started running the UV yet, just ordered it, it should be here today. Hopefully I can get everything undercontrol and get my tank balanced. I really appreciate everyones advice.

If you're going to use Hypo on your fish (is that your plan or copper?) then make sure you have a refractometer in hand. Without that you won't know if you're really at treatement level. Once at treatment level salinity make sure that you keep it there for four weeks from the last spot that you see. After that take a week to bring the sg back up and a week to confirm that the treatment was successful. At the end of that 7-8 week period your main should be fallow and ready for your fish to return to hopefully an ich free home. Foods soaked in garlic and selcon will aid the fish immune system so that they are better prepared to fight off the parasite

From there you need to hypo or fallow every fish, invert, coral, etc you put into the tank so that you don't end up with ich again.

Good luck in your struggle with ich. It isn't any fun.

I have a refractometer, so this will be my second time doing this, last time I went about 4 weeks, must not have been enough. This time I will try and be PATIENT. Thanks everyone so much. Already starting to have a better outlook on things.

Back
Top Bottom