Frustrating anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennyLynn9579

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone else ever had a nem that just cannot settle? Over the past month, my rose BTA has moved every day, in a giant circle on this huge rock in the center of the tank. He did it when I ran a 150w MH, and still did it when I changed to 6x39 T5. He looks fine, eats well, but is driving me nuts from having to worry he will kill everything in his path. He sucked up to a zoo frag 2 days ago, we had to play a VERY gentle game of tug of war to free it. Any suggestions? Should I move him to a rock that is lower, or rearrange rocks to raise him up? This one is just under the halfway point, about 12-14 inches from the lights. Thanks!!!

It could be the flow..it should be moderate to low flow check on that.
They should only move when the feel it uncomfortable.
Like: not enough lights,to much flow,
If the tank is to hot...

I agree, nems only move when they are searching for something, be it light, flow or temp or any number of things they want and need.

How old is your tank? What lights do you currently have and how big is the tank?

It's a 3 year old tank, I got it a month ago from someone else, moved it all and set it back up using the same water, made no changes other than lighting. I originally had a 150 watt 10k MH pendant but it only lit 1/3 of the tank, so I upgraded 3 weeks ago to the nova extreme pro 6x39 t5's 10k and actinic, plus a marineland singlebright led, white and blue. Water tests consistently in normal range except a couple elevated Trates last week but I've done 2 pwc's since then and they're back to around 5.

Now that you mention flow, I bet that's it, the rock sits in the center of the tank, one PH points up at the rear the other points up at the center, so it might hit him on both directions. He settled yesterday on a corner and is hanging there now. I doubt he will stay, he can't really hunker down in anywhere...

Thanks guys!!

He may need to just used to the new light You say the old one only lit 1/3 of the tank was he under the old light was he moving around before the change it might just need to adjust to the brighter lights maybee a shaded place for him to hide untill he can get used to things
Sry reread 1st post seen he was moving before try adjusting the PH's a bit or turning one off

Back
Top Bottom