FTS of first SW tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beengirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I here's some FTS of my 1st SW tank- its a 55gal corner tank, been couple months.

image-1804797629.jpg

image-995323678.jpg

image-3721554360.jpg

Green trachy not doing too good, dwarf angel picking at it. Working on getting a 30gal FOWLR going so I can move him to that.

I'm totally addicted to SW now! Everyday I'm off i have to fight the urge to go to lfs!! Lol

Thanks!! It's been a lot of work, but I've enjoyed it so much!! I've had FW tank for 4 years, but enjoy SW infinitely more!!

Looks good. I like the rock work as well. I'm kinda in the same boat as you!LOL I've been at my first SW 35 gallon tank too. Its been up a few months or so as well. Easy to spend that cash at the LFS! My girlfriend tells me "wherent you just there the othet day?!?!".

Thank you so much!! Yeah, I've spent WAY to much on this tank. A couple of times before my husband left for work he's said "stay away from fish stores." lol He likes it too though, was actually his idea at first, but has become my obsession. :)

LOL. Yea that's how it goes. Mine was actually quite affordable compared to most. My tank and stand were free and I made my own HOB refugium. So I guess I can't complain too much. Do you have a sump on your system?

I'm with you, I have a 54g corner reef as well. Looks good. Do you have the corner overflow in yours! I'll post a pic of mine tomm when the lights are on. Good luck!!! My husband has a 180g fowler, so this baby is mine!!!

I don't have a fuge or sump. Being a corner tank, space is pretty limited. I'm consider doing a HOB fuge, was just googling how to do that. I read in a post somewhere that it's possible to make a DIY fuge out of some of the HOB filters? Not quite sure what I would put in that, though or how that works. If anyone has any suggestions or info on that I would appreciate the help. :)

Wow!! You did a great job of turning that into a fuge!! I'm pretty handy with tools, but not sure I could do that! Lol I was reading on some sites that an aquaclear can be pretty easily be turned into a fuge. Considering doing that.

Thanks! :) Yea thats true but for the money get the finnex!!! Its a whole gallon and it already a fuge! Alot cheaper than the aqua clear filter and better for the purpose. 25 bucks for the fuge plus they have lights made for them. Extra of course. I think u can get it with the fugeRAY (led custom fitted light) and a pump for 50 bucks. DEFINITELY look into that I think you will be alot happier and save money. It comes with adjustable baffles too! I'm gonna get one. I've looked at EVERY HOB fuge on the market!

Back
Top Bottom