Fu Manchu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonsRus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm interested in getting a fu manchu lionfish in awhile and I have seen some vibrantly colored ones and then some that weren't so much. I know it depends on how healthy the fish is, but does the area where it came from also factor in? If so, where do the most colorful come from?

Im not sure about the lionfish, but many fish such as wrasses are more vibrant depending on areas that they come from. Fish from Australia usually have bright colors. I don't know where the Fumanchu is from, but i know that they are picky eaters, and can be demanding to keep Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

In this month's seriously weak Aquarium Fish Magazine, there's a rather longwinded article on lion fish, specifically discussing the Fu Man Chu. Apparently, it's one of the hardest to keep, should be kept alone in a 20 or 30 gallon owing to shyness.
Jeff

I have done 3 in a 60 gallon, and found them to be fairly hardy, but quite cryptic. Fascinating to watch them hunt, though.....much more so than most other lions.

I've heard that these fish are hardy, but are much harder to get them to adapt to aquarium conditions, food, ect.
Considerablery much harder than other lionfish to keep supposedly.
Good Luck I want one to.

Sorry, that i didnt mention this earlier but do a search on Fu Man Chu Lionfish in the search section and a ton of old posts with really good information.

Again Good Luck

You're biggest problem will be feeding. They can be picky at first. I suppose it also depends on what else is in your tank. But good luck finding one!

Back
Top Bottom