'Fuge advice and a lighting update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what anyone out there knows about this:

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/citr.html#PRO
It is an AquaFuge PRO by CPR. It has a skimmer built in and a nice refugium area. I like it the way it looks, and it would conform to the space I want to fit it into. Any news on it, or opinions? I'd really appreciate it.

And, not that anyone wants to know, but thanks to help from loganj and reefrunner, and in the past steve-s, I'm going to purchase 3x 250w metal halide retrofits w/ electronic ballasts (from hellolights) and mount them into my homemade canopy. I'll probably add 2x165w (72") VHO's to supplement for actinic. Do the actinics give any benefit to the organism, or is it simply for my viewing pleasure? As far as the fuge goes, I'll probably end up getting a 2x65w PC hood at a later date. I had no idea the metal halide retrofits were so cheap! I'd love to go with 2x400, but they only have electronic ballasts, so I'm thinking 3x250 is fine for me. Oh, and it's a 72"L 125 gallon. Thanks for the help, and comments are welcome on the lighting choice!

It is a 120-125 gallon, at 72"Lx18"Wx20"H
I suppose I could get some 96w PC lights. But how would I arrange them?

The MH lights would be centered (both from front to back and from left to right, with equal distance between the bulbs and the sides of the tank), the VHO are easy because I can get some 72" bulbs and have one in front and one behind. I'm not sure how I'd get a 96w PC setup going in that configuration. Any ideas are more than welcome. Thanks for the input already...and for all others, I'd still like input of the 'fuge if you've got info/opinions. Thanks! ;)

-revision/edit-
Actually, I'd prolly like to go with 2x400W MH and wx160w VHOs for actinics...anyone see a problem with this?

Back
Top Bottom