Fuge lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat8you

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I need to add some light for the macro but its in an acrylic sump and the sump is in an old wooden desk. So i would like to add lights that are not going to put off to much heat. Also its still a fairly small tank and i don't want to have water temperature issues. So two questions.

1. Are there any bulbs that you guys have used that are low heat? I know there are LED options as well but i don't know much about them

2. How much wattage should i put in there to keep health growth and nutrient export from the cheato?

It doesn't take much to light a fuge. You can use a clip on reflector with a grow light from HomeDepot/Lowes or a flourescent daylight. I've got a 28w 6700k PC over mine.

I have a HD screw in 6500k bulb and a clip on reflector from HD. Total cost for both was about $10.

i have a compact florescent flood light only 23w but the output is 90w comparison. my chateo is growing really fast and i have a 15g acrylic fuge.

Back
Top Bottom