fuge question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a CPR Hang on back refugium. However I have decided to make it hang on back of my sump. My question is this. The water from the fuge will be siphoned from the sump, thru the fuge, then back into my sump, and finally pumped back up into the tank. I have a skimmer in my sump also. Will the water from the fuge lose its benefits since it may be pumped thru the skimmer first then back up to the tank?

Anthony

The only loss I can think of are 'pods going through a powerhead. If your skimmer used a water pump instead of a powerhead then there's really not a significant loss IMO.

How are you getting the water out of your refugium?

A CPR HOB fuge should free flow back in like a powerfilter, uses a small powerhead to pump the water into the fuge and then it overflows back into the tank.

Bang Guy said:

The water is getting pumped from the sump to the fuge via a rio powerhead. Then running thru the fuge free flowing out of the fuge's drain into sump. Finally being returned to the tank thru a mag7 pump. Some of the water gets returned to the tank, some gets taken in by skimmer. Is this ok? Or should I change something?

thanks everyone,

You threw me when you said "will be siphoned from the sump", I understand now. Should be fine IMO.

Back
Top Bottom