Fuge Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering....Im wanting to have a fuge for a 100 gallon that im in the process of building now....Can I add a fuge under my tank once its set up and running and how would I do this other than tapping into my sump that will be down there? Im not to familiar with fuges at all but would like to grow some macro...
Also another idea I had was making a fuge out of a 20 gallon (long) tank that Im using for a sump as well. Has anyone run across any good designs that will allow for a in and out of the sump with a fuge in the middle?
Thanks!

I conected two rubbermaid tubs together with a bulkhead and use one as a fuge :wink:
The diy section has good info, I'd check it out

I have the oceanic sump underneath and then I bought a 18 gallon cube shaped aquarium that I had a glass company drill for me for the return line. I set it next to the sump and up on concrete blocks so it is slightly higher then the sump. I pump water in over the top of the fuge and it flows back with gravity through a bulkehead with a pipe that uses gravity to return the water to the sump. It works pretty sweet and wasn't hard to do. I love the cube shape because it fits comfortabley next to my sump. It is from Ocean Aquariums.

Fishy
I think I like the sound of yours...I just cant picture the whole thing. I understand you have the fuge higher than your sump so obviously you have your tank flowing into the fuge first, then into your sump and back up? I would have to do the opposite as I will add the fuge later. Do you have any pics?

I have a 15 gal tall next to my sump..... Water to sump is taken from the right side return to the tank... Not the best way.... 15 gal is set on 2x4 wood to get it taller then sump and the tank is drilled w/a bulk head and feed back into the sump.

Back
Top Bottom