Fuge Setup and where to buy Chaeto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got the bulkhead and will be soon setting up my fuge. It'll either be a 19 or 29 gallon rubbermaid (I've got to build a stand over the sump and need to determine how much weight it'll handle - need to design the stand too). It'll utilize a gravity return and a small pond pump supply to keep it rather low flow. Probably a DSB with some rubble and Chaeto.

1st ?: Any suggestions about how to improve the design?

2nd ?: Has anyone bought Chaeto from anyone they would recommend?

3rd ?: How much Chaeto should I start with for my 75 gal w/ 100 gal (80 gal full) sump?

Thanks folks!

1. can't help, I just have a hang on fuge

2. I got mine from a moderator on the other site I 'work' at. I'll PM you with info.

3. with good lighting, the chaeto will grow quickly to match your needs.

I'd offer some of my chaeto, but I really couldn't give you a ton. Enough to get started, sure, but it'd only be a piece the size of a softball.

The member Ducky has always got some. I will look for the thread. I bought a ziplock bg from him, and it has tripled in size. I bought a flood light from Lowes and a clip on socket and reflector. It's on 24/7 over the fuge...... :wink:

I would say that I could give you some, but I have just promised out some...sry.

PS. I bought mine for $10 or $15 shipped.

If you pay shipping I'll give you a good handful or two for free. Grows like weeds and the best part is I sell it to my LFS(also my place of employment :mrgreen: )

Thank you, jamal-188 but I've already got ellisz sending me some on Monday. I appreciate your help though.

Got the chaeto from Ellisz today and let me tell you it is great looking stuff!

Bright green and lots of it! Lotsa kudos to Ellisz!

Bearfan....sounds like you got it goin good....post pics once u get it running. I want to do one but am goin to get a lil cheap acrylic tank instead....or glass :)

Back
Top Bottom