Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Funny story

Ok, so I am driving all over Reno today looking for a calcium test for my tank. I do have a LFS in Carson but I REALLY dont want to go there. I went to Petco and a few other places that might have it with no luck.By the end of the day I finally decide to brave the store (I use that word very loosely) to get my test kit. I walk in the store and say "Hey, do you carry a calcium test kit?" She says "for what?!?" I say "for my tank.....Im doing a reef tank and need to make sure tha tmy levels are all ok". She then says...."Why on earth would you need a calcium test for a reef tank? I NEVER test for calcium in any of my tanks! I really dont see the point in you spending the money on such a thing!" She then asks "what are you using for water in your tank?" I reply "I am using RO water" She says "WHAT?!? You NEVER use RO water in a tank! You only use tap water! RO water will kill your tank and tap water has everything your fish will ever need!" Now mind you, this is a LFS that has a large saltwater section (but most are always dead). There was more to the story but I just cant remember! I just wanted to share that with all of you so you can understand what I am dealing with in my area! Haha!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh I forgot to say I told her I wanted a bigger tank to do a sump set up and she said "WHAT?!? No you never want a sump...besides you dont want one big tank, you want many small tanks all over your house!"

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com