funy porc puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MYTY1705

Aquarium Advice Freak
have to share this. I got a porcupine puffer for dads day. I had read that they are like little puppys but this was to hillarious.

I came home from work and my wife said she had not fed the fish yet. So I went a preped the krill for the puffer and fed my heni and niger some sinking pellet food.

This made puffer verrrrry mad that I was not feeding him first. So what does he do he starts sticking his head completely out of the water bobbing up and down. Still no food for him. So he goes to bottom of tank and swims as fast as he can to top of tank and flops right on to carpet. OOOOOOOOps.

Turns into big ball of air!!!! In comes my dog who loves balls. My wife is doing all she can to keep the dog back from the fish as I rush to get a container to burp in him. Finally got him back down to normal and put him back in tank.

Sorry so long but this was the funnies thing I have ever witnessed. Scarry at thi time though.

Holy Cow! That is nuts :)

I used to have one that would bob at the top and then spit water out :)

I have a baby porc now that I am not sure I want to have my hand in the tank yet. Whenever I feed, he charges to my fingers like a mad man. I have a tankmate in there with him now that I need to move but I am not sure how he is going to react.

He did puff up once too. One of my "bad" crabs is in the tank with him grabbed his tale! He kind of terrorizes them too though. He has not killed one but he harasses them.

I love the little porcs :)

Back
Top Bottom