Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to luntiz
Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish

How does a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion do in higher flow? I have a bunch of corals and 4 Powerheads that push a lot of water... Will a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion be able to keep up?

The Tank

50 Gallon Acrylic Tank (36x15x20)
85lbs Fiji Live Rock
(4) Maxi-Jet 900 (230gph) *Awaiting 2 MJ1200s*

(1) 250W 10,000K Aqualine Aquamedic HQI Hanging Pendant
(5) LED Moonlights

Live Stock

(2) Pink Skunk Clownfishes
Goldstripped Maroon Clownfish
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
luntiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't really answer your question. Just figured I'd let you know mine tries to stay away from the current. They like to hang out under rock ledges so if it's to much, it probably won't leave the shelter of the rocks much. HTH

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
My f.d.l. spends a lot of time swimming in the current of my 400gph ph. Other times he is sitting on the outgoing tube. He seems to be ok giong agains the current. I wouldn't worry too much.
Message to all aquariasts!!!!!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
Oscar Wilde
MYTY1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
You could and should invest in a wave maker with a tank the size of yours.I understand that you need the movement but I.M.O.You may only need 2 of those P/Hs.for that tank.If you took 2 of the heads out and used a Wavemaker you'd still have you movement.As far as the Lion goes,When I turn off the day time lights and turn on the Moon lights he seems to body surf,but this is only at nite.During the day he seems to avoid the PHs.water flow.I too have a 55gal.with just one PH.an 802 which seems to give me all the water movement that I need.
lefthan is offline   Reply With Quote

dwarf, fuzzy, lion fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com