Fuzzy Dwarf Lions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
How fast do these fish grow?

Are the reef compatible?...not with small fish or course but just corals?

Any other smaller fish that would make good tank mates with this species and fit the same requirements....I am open to anything but trigger fish because I do want anemones and corals eventually. The tank will be 30 gallons with a skilter.

I intend on moving it into a larger 100 gal tank eventually.

Will it be safe with larger fish since it is a lion once it is atleast 4 inches or so?

I have a 100 gal not with a 10 inch panther and a big hogfish which I will put the fish in eventually hopefully.

Could I also raise a small grouper in the same tank?

The Fuzzy can be placed with any fish that will not fit in its mouth. I have had mine for 2 years now and it is only 4 inches, so even though they can grow fast at first this will slow down when they become adults.

I would question this with a grouper, they get large and can also swallow anything that will fit. Maybe a Redtail Filefish in your 30g with the lion over the grouper....

Kaye

No personal experience with one, but if you are considering a lion in a reef setting I would want to find out about eating habits. I have heard lions in general can be messy eaters and produce more waste than most fish. May need to take this into account for water quality. Just a thought.

Lions are not messy eaters, they swallow whole chunks of food from a feeder stick. But they do produce quite a bit of waste........

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom