Fuzzy stuff Growing on my live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinamsidie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to saltwater. Have a 55gal tank that is been set up for about 4 months now. Fish in it for about 2 1/2 months.

A couple of weeks ago we got a new Coral Rated LED light as I read I needed one for the anemones I added. Noticed white fuzzy stuff about 1/8" in length. Not sure if it was there before and just didn't show up with the old lighting, or if it is rapidly spreading.

Does anyone know what this is and if I need to do anything about it or if it is healthy for my tank?

I would be concerned about coral ready LEDs. Just checking you have the right ones because some out there claim to be sufficient for corals but in fact are not. Can you post the details of the light? I have white fuzzy stuff too, can you post a pic of it for ID?

The lights are Marineland, 24" coral rated LEDs. I cannot seem to add a photo on here, how do you do that? Does it have to be hosted on another site?

The lights are Marineland, 24" coral rated LEDs. I cannot seem to add a photo on here, how do you do that? Does it have to be hosted on another site?

You can use photo bucket and post the image link. I use the AA app and it has an attachment button

img_2596947_0_d775e912399d0c376267a84a701cbe3e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom