garden eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
i recently added a garden eel to my tank. he is about 6 inches long and is eating and looking happy. I would like to know more about them. Are they reef safe? agressive (he doesnt seem to be so far)? What diet do they prefer? do they like to be in groups or is he fine by himself? If anyone has had them before please let me know! thanks!

It says it needs 6 inches of sand. Expert only! Likes groups and at least 100 gallons. Grows to over 1 and half feet long. I hope you have a bigger tank than the 29 gallon. Or you have to move it soon.

we have a 250 gallon going up soon and a 75 gallon set up already. my sand is pretty deep but i also read in another article that they like smaller areas....all the sites i look at seem to not agree with one another...thats why i wanted someone who has had them before to comment

All I know about them is that they have a lousy survival rate. I wish you luck.

I`ve never had one but I know some that did have one that they did not last long. Any time you see "expert only" on Live Aquaria there is no guarantee even during transit. They do not have a good track record but I hope it works out with you.

Good information Innovator and just over a year old too. Very timely...

Not trying to be a buzzkill or anything.. but wouldn't doing this type of research before getting the animal make more sense? This way you can be prepared to handle the fish properly, and keep it alive. Just sayin is all..

Back
Top Bottom