Garden Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiroad

Aquarium Advice Activist
The Cora convention was a successful trip! Picked up BTA or a great price it's beautiful. Also picked up this guy:) I've doubled the sand bed since I took this picture to nearly 8 inches. And he eats frozen!! Any tips or success stories??

image-4050779902.jpg

His only tank mate is a toby puff

That is cool I've always wanted one. The best advice I can give is keep him with fish that won't provide competition for food.

I think those eels need a very deep sand bed, like as deep as they are long. Other than that, I've never had an order for one so I never brought any in.

Uh oh. I have been reading 6"-8" but he's probably an inch longer than that! I'll grab some more Sand tomorrow just to be safe. He seems okay today still a little shy. And he's positioned himself so the return blows the cyclops right into his face.
The toby hasn't looked twice at him, the eel however does not particularly enjoy when he gets close. Might have to relocate toby and get a clown goby or some thing a little slower if it continues to bother him.

The Cora convention was a successful trip! Picked up BTA or a great price it's beautiful. Also picked up this guy:) I've doubled the sand bed since I took this picture to nearly 8 inches. And he eats frozen!! Any tips or success stories??

His only tank mate is a toby puff

Thats a cool looking guy whay are they called?

Heteroconger hassi I think is his actual name but they have been called garden eels anytime I have seen them

The Cora convention was a successful trip! Picked up BTA or a great price it's beautiful. Also picked up this guy:) I've doubled the sand bed since I took this picture to nearly 8 inches. And he eats frozen!! Any tips or success stories?? His only tank mate is a toby puff

Lucky that he eats frozen! Hopefully the puffer isn't too much competition for food.

Back
Top Bottom