Garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I keep reading on the different posts about people soaking there food in garlic juice. Can anyone recommend a brand? What about a vitamin supplement I can soak brine shrimp in?

I'm not sure a brand matters, I have seen garlic extreme posted about quite a bit, I know people that press their own garlic and use the juice from that, and I know people that make their own food and add a couple of cloves to the mix in a blender.

I use selcon, if not available I would use zoecon, but I would not ever soak brine shrimp in it. Brine, even if soaked in vitamins, is not very nutritious, go with mysis, or better yet, make your own food where you control the ingredients and know exactly how fresh it is.

reefrunner69 said:
I use selcon, if not available I would use zoecon, but I would not ever soak brine shrimp in it. Brine, even if soaked in vitamins, is not very nutritious, go with mysis, or better yet, make your own food where you control the ingredients and know exactly how fresh it is.

Do you have a recipe for your fish food or is there a website with recipes? I would like to make my own food.

Thanks,

Van

Thanks for the link! The recipe is just what I was looking for.

I have a few questions regarding this recipe:

It gives the amounts for the dry ingredients but not for the fresh fish or liquids. How much squid, mussels, scallops, shrimp and fish do I add per batch? How much Zoecon and water per batch. How much does one batch create?

Sorry for being so technical :)

Thanks,

Van

I think you can more or less add as much or little of each as you like. It will really depend on what in your tank and if they prefer meaty food or plant types foods (such as tangs). There is no right or wrong way to make this :D

Back
Top Bottom